Sunday, September 19, 2010

What are Exchange Development Kit (EDK) Connectors?

When running the Exchange Pre-Deployment Analyzer I got the following message:

Exchange Development Kit (EDK) connector 'Connector for Captaris RightFax (WSPER14)' was found in the organization. Exchange Server 2010 does not support EDK connectors. This connector will need to remain on existing Exchange 2003 servers.



What are Exchange Development Kit (EDK) Connectors?

EDK connectors are third-party applications built to connect to communication systems such as fax machines, Short Message Service (SMS), telex, or to connect to other messaging systems, such as Lotus Notes, that use a gateway connector. Non-Microsoft vendors use the Exchange Development Kit (EDK) to develop proprietary connectors.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Clint

    I am curently transitionning from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010.

    After running the "Exchange Pre-Deployment Analyzer" I receive the error message below :

    "Exchange Development Kit (EDK) connector 'Text Messaging Delivery Agent Connector' was found in the organization. Exchange Server 2010 does not support EDK connectors. This connector will need to remain on existing Exchange 2003 servers."

    I do not remenber installing any text connector at all since I have beeb with my company.

    I know they migrated from Exchange 5.5 to 203 before I joined with my company.

    Can you please give me a hint on how I can possibly delete this hidden connector which is causing me not to be able to install the Hub Transport role.

    Thanks in advance.

    Fred.



    Do you know how can I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you want to delete the connector? You a Text Messaging application that uses the EDK connector. This application will not work with Exchange 2010 - unless there is a new version!

    If you want this application to continue functioning - do not decomission the Exchange 2003 server. Leave it in place to service your legacy application.

    ReplyDelete